Two teams vying to keep pace in a tough American League East division meet head-to-head on Thursday, May 25, as the Baltimore Orioles (32-17) travel to take on the New York Yankees (30-21).
- Orioles vs Yankees Game Info
- Orioles vs Yankees Odds & Spread
- Orioles vs Yankees Betting Trends
- Orioles vs Yankees Prediction & Pick
- Orioles vs Yankees Best Bet
Orioles vs Yankees Game Info
- Date:'Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Time:'7:05 p.m. ET
- Venue:'Yankee Stadium – The Bronx, NY
- Coverage:'YES Network and MASN
- Moneyline:'BAL: (+118) | NYY: (-138)
- Spread:'BAL: +1.5 (-172) | NYY: -1.5 (+142)
- Total:'9 — Over: (+100) | Under: (-122)
- Baltimore is 13-5 straight up in its last 18 away games.
- The total has hit the over in five of Baltimore's last six games.
- The Yankees are 13-7 straight up in its last 20 games against Baltimore.
- The total has hit the over in each of the Yankees' last nine home games.
The first two contests of this three-game series were nothing short of thrillers. The Yankees earned a 6-5 walkoff win on Tuesday night as shortstop Anthony Volpe hit a sacrifice fly in the 10th inning. The Orioles then fought back with a 9-6 win on Wednesday thanks to an insane 8-run eighth inning.
Orioles vs Yankees Odds & Spread
The Yankees enter this contest as home favorites on the moneyline per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:05 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 9 runs with the under favored at -122 odds.
Orioles vs Yankees Betting Trends
Orioles vs Yankees Prediction & Pick
The pitching matchup on Thursday night is nothing to write home about as Kyle Gibson and Clarke Schmidt are set to take on the mound. Gibson has posted a 4.27 ERA and 1.36 WHIP across 10 starts for Baltimore, while Schmidt has logged a 6.00 ERA and 1.62 WHIP across 10 starts for New York.
It is worth noting that only one of those pitchers appeared in the first series between these teams in April, though. Schmidt was chased after only 3.1 innings as he gave up 4 earned runs on 5 hits and 3 walks (3 strikeouts). Gunnar Henderson was responsible for 2 of those hits as he shined at the plate.
I trust the Baltimore offense more so than I do the New York offense. The Orioles rank among the top 10 teams in categories such as runs per game and on-base percentage. Meanwhile, the Yankees can get stalled at times as they rank 24th in slugging percentage with runners in scoring position (.366).
Final Score Prediction:'Orioles: 5 | Yankees: 4
Orioles vs Yankees Best Bet
This number jumps out as a bit too high considering Kyle Gibson has logged less than 5 strikeouts in six of his 10 starts and has posted a strikeouts per nine innings mark of 6.3 in 2023. That would be his lowest mark at a season's end since 2014. It doesn't help that he is facing a Yankees squad that ranks T-10th in walks per home game (3.43). They have the plate discipline to make Gibson pitch to contact.