UConn Huskies (26-8, 13-7 Big East) vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels (27-7, 14-2 West Coast)
- Date: Sunday, Mar. 19, 2023
- Start Time: 6:10 p.m. ET
- Location: MVP Arena – Albany, NY
- Last Meeting: December 17, 2006 – UConn defeated Saint Mary’s 89-73 in Storrs.
- Moneyline: UConn: (-164) | Saint Mary’s: (+136)
- Point Spread: UConn: -3.5 (-110) | Saint Mary’s: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 128.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
- UConn 2022-23 Betting Trends: 22-11-1 ATS; 19-15 to the Over
- Saint Mary’s 2022-23 Betting Trends: 20-13 ATS; 16-17 to the Over
- UConn is 6-1 ATS in its last seven games.
- UConn is 7-1 ATS in its last eight games following a SU win.
- The Under is 4-1 in UConn’s last five games.
- Saint Mary’s is 5-1 ATS in its last six neutral site games.
- The Under is 8-3 in Saint Mary’s last 11 NCAA Tournament games.
UConn head coach Danny Hurley just beat one legendary head coach in his last game (Rick Pitino) and now faces another coaching legend in Randy Bennett. Bennett earned his 500th career win earlier this season, which at the time was the sixth-most among active coaches at their current school. Saint Mary’s is looking for its third Sweet 16 appearance in school history, while UConn looks for its first Sweet 16 trip since winning the national title in 2014.
UConn received a bit of a scare from Iona, trailing 39-37 at the half before outscoring the Gaels 50-24 in the second half. UConn is one of five teams to beat No. 1 overall seed Alabama this year and was ranked as high as No. 2 in the AP poll after starting 14-0. UConn is 20-11-1 ATS as a favorite this year.