The Chicago Cubs (22-26) will look to climb a bit closer to a winning record when they host the New York Mets (25-25) in the final matchup of their three-game series on Thursday, May 25.
- Mets vs Cubs Game Info
- Mets vs Cubs Odds & Spread
- Mets vs Cubs Betting Trends
- Mets vs Cubs Prediction & Pick
- Mets vs Cubs Best Bet
Mets vs Cubs Game Info
- Date:'Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Time:'7:40 p.m. ET
- Venue:'Wrigley Field – Chicago, IL
- Coverage:'SNY and Marquee SN
The Cubs have a chance to secure an impressive series sweep on Thursday after taking down the Mets 7-2 on Tuesday and 4-2 on Wednesday. Seiya Suzuki has been the star at the plate for Chicago, coming up clutch with a solo home run as well as a run-scoring double.
Mets vs Cubs Odds & Spread
- Moneyline:'NYM: (-104) | CHC: (-112)
- Spread:'NYM: -1.5 (+155) | CHC: +1.5 (-188)
- Total:'8 — Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
The Cubs enter this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:40 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 8 runs with the Over favored at -115 odds.
Mets vs Cubs Betting Trends
- The Mets are 1-4 straight up in their last five away games.
- The total has hit the over in seven of the Mets' last 10 games.
- The Cubs are 14-6 straight up in their last 20 home games against the Mets.
- The total has hit the over in four of the Cubs' last six home games.
Mets vs Cubs Prediction & Pick
The Mets will look to get back in the win column with Carlos Carrasco getting the starting nod on Thursday. The veteran hurler has not been great to start the season, allowing at least 5 earned runs in three of his four starts. His ERA checks in at a dismal 8.68 and his WHIP stands at 1.55.
Kyle Hendricks will make his 2023 debut for the Cubs as he has worked his way back from a shoulder sprain. He made five starts at the Triple-A level over the last few weeks, posting a 5.75 ERA and a 1.33 WHIP in 20.1 innings. The pitching matchup is a wash, which makes focusing on the offenses crucial.
C hicago has posted the second-best OBP of any team in the majors (.339), while New York averages only 4.07 runs per away game (No. 21 in MLB). The Cubs have been better at the plate and have also won 14 of their last 20 home games against the Mets, so I'm backing them to complete the sweep.
Final Score Prediction:'Mets: 5 | Cubs: 6
Mets vs Cubs Best Bet
Betting on the Cubs moneyline has some value here, but backing a high-scoring game to break out is our best bet. Carrasco has struggled to shut down opposing lineups and Hendricks is fresh off an injury. Look for reliable sluggers like Pete Alonso and Christ opher Morel to take advantage. The total has hit the over in seven of the Mets' last 10 games as well as in 11 of the Cubs' last 13 games, so expect some fireworks at Wrigley Field today.